The Hazardous Materials Awareness course is designed for those personnel (fire, police, EMS, and industry) who may be first on the scene of a hazardous materials emergency. The content includes awareness-level information that is mandated by OSHA and EPA regulations, and is recommended by national standards. With a focus on safety, the programme describes correct awareness level actions, including how to recognize potential problems, take the appropriate actions to protect oneself and others, collect hazard information from the current edition of the Emergency Response Guidebook, and initiate actions that lead to a favourable outcome.
The course is designed to provide First Responders with the basic information necessary to meet some of the JPR’s of NFPA 1072: standard for Hazardous Materials / Weapons of Mass Destruction Emergency Response Personnel Professional Qualifications 2017 Edition.
Students are required to be:
- Medically and physically fit (sponsor to ensure medical fitness).
- Able to understand instructions/training delivered in the English Language.
- A minimum of 18 years old.
- Medically fit to participate in all elements of the course, and they will be asked to complete a self-declaration medical form before the course commences.
- Holding a valid Emirates ID or passport from their home country.
Please contact JAHEZIYA for more information: inquiry@JAHEZIYA.ae